Local Band Alert: ThisisReno takes a closer look at local bands in this series of 5-minute interviews. This week we chat with Pink Awful, which got their start in 2015.
1. How did you get started and who are your fans? Ashley and Mike started writing together in 2015 with demos that Mike had created. After a couple of personnel changes Daniel, Dwight and John finalized the lineup.
Our fans are just people that like rock music in all its various incarnations.
2. How would you describe your sound and style?
Noise pop. We like making noisy, aggressive music that challenges the listener, but recalls the familiar melodies and feelings that rock n roll brings out.
3. Where can people listen to you music when you aren’t playing live?
Our album will be available on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Music, and every other major platform on July 1st.
4. Where do you see the band in 5 years?
Hopefully touring our 3rd full length album and becoming a headliner- or opening for Fugazi on their long awaited reunion tour.
5. How can people get a hold of you?