Reno’s Online News & Events Source
This Is Reno is your source for daily Reno news and events for Reno, Sparks, the Truckee Meadows and beyond. We were founded in 2009 and are locally owned and operated. Meet the team here.
We began with a question: Could a group of volunteer media professionals, collaborate and create an online news media outlet to fill the gaps left by downsized newsrooms? The answer, we quickly discovered, was yes.
Our site launched with an exclusive interview with Thomas “Lt. Dangle” Lennon about the ending of Comedy Central’s “Reno 911.” Site stats started strong when Lennon tweeted to his thousands of followers our breaking interview. Locals took note.
We have since grown to become a Reno news leader and influencer. We are Reno’s only locally owned and operated online news and events source. Our focus is on our community. We reach thousands of Reno-area readers every day on thisisreno.com and our social channels.
This Is Reno offers effective and competitive advertising. If you need event promotions, advertising or want to see your news story reach thousands in the Reno area, please consider advertising with us.
Thanks for visiting.
Editor / Publisher / Housekeeper
In the media
We have been featured and mentioned on other websites and in the news.
- Local podcasters share experiences, give advice to students — Nevada Sagebrush
- “The photographs, which were shot for a local news agency called ThisisReno, perfectly marry the historic tradition of rodeos with the modern era.” — My Modern Met
- LION member spotlight: ThisisReno
- “Why I Love This is Reno,” — Nevada Review
- Recreational Marijuana Sales Begin — Nevada Public Radio
- “Discrete Displays to Catch During Artown,” — Kris Vagner, Reno News & Review
- “A labor of love challenges revered tenets of journalism,” — Ron Ross Today
- A Master of Media: A conversation with Bob Conrad of ThisisReno — Hertz So Good podcast
- “NV Dems Swamp ‘This is Reno’ with Not So ‘Sweet” Press Releases,” — Dullard Mush
- Art Festival Swallows Reno — Nevada Public Radio
- “Music source,” — Reno News & Review, December 13, 2013
- “Hashtag heroes: Social media tags help spread the word about great things in Reno,” — Reno Gazette-Journal, Nov. 2, 2013
- “‘Press release dumping ground,'” — Brian Duggan, Reno Gazette-Journal