The annual outdoor Summer Music Series at Lazy 5 Regional Park gets underway next week and continues through early August.
A different local band is scheduled to perform from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, June 6 through Aug. 1. Admission is free.
The schedule of performers and type of music is as follows:
- June 6: “Wunderlust,” one-hit wonders
- June 13: “Monique Jade Band,” acoustic, Americana and pop
- June 20: “The Heidi Incident,” top 40 hits,1960s through today
- June 27: “New Wave Cave,” 1980s music
- July 4: “Air Force Band of the Golden West,” chart-topping hits
- July 11: “Snakeboy Johnson,” blues, rock and soul
- July 18: “Chris Wessel’s Jazz Dixie Review,” dixieland jazz
- July 25: “Sage Creek,” bluegrass and Americana
- Aug. 1: “Escalade,” musical variety
Those attending are asked to bring blankets, towels, or low-back chairs. A playground for children is on-site.
A food truck will be on hand weekly. Outside food and drinks are permitted, but glass containers are not.
Pets are not allowed, per Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space rules.
The park is located at 7100 Pyramid Way in Spanish Springs.
For more information, call 775-424-1866 or visit https://www.washoecounty.us/parks/parks/park_directory/pah_rah_district/lazy_5_regional_park.php.
Carla has an undergraduate degree in journalism and more than 10 years experience as a daily newspaper reporter. She grew up in Jacksonville, Fla., moved to the Reno area in 2002 and wrote for the Reno Gazette-Journal for 8 years, covering a variety of topics. Prior to that, she covered local government in Fort Pierce, Fla.