“Peter & The Starcatcher” is an adventurous tale of good versus evil. It has heroes, villains, and it tells the backstory for the characters of “Peter Pan.” Part comedy, part drama, part musical, the kiddos will love it.
The story is based the children’s novel, “Peter and The Starcatchers” by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.
The Starcatcher, Molly Aster, is played by Hannah Davis. She is the hero of this production, a flawed apprentice starcatcher and a self-professed leader who takes on foes twice her size and possesses a bullshit meter a mile wide.
It’s also the second or third production I’ve seen her in; her acting is top-notch and in-your-face. She commands the room but backs off in support of her fellow actors when necessary. It is a treat at one point to witness the hero-girl Aster fly through the air while trying to save her new friend, orphan Peter played by Hannah Gebensleben, who was just thrown overboard.
Three stowaway orphan boys, including Peter, have snuck onto the Neverland ship on a voyage to a mythical land. They are naive and confused, and rely on the guidance of Aster for what to do in any given situation. They end up defending the Neverland against pirates seeking to pilfer magical treasure.
Reno Little Theater
147 East Pueblo Street
Reno, NV 89502
Tickets & information: 775-813-8900
Written by: Rick Elise
Based on the novel by: Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson
Music by: Wayne Barker
Directed by: Melissa Taylor
- Evening Showdates: July 6(tt), 7, 8, 13(tt), 14, 15, 20(tt), 21, 22, 27(tt), 28, 29 @ 7:30 p.m.
- Matinee Showdates: July 8 (Family Day/Artown performance), 9, 16, 23*, 30 @ 2 p.m.
- (tt) = Thirsty Thursday- FREE drink with ticket purchase, PWYC denotes Pay-What-You-Can performance, * denotes post-show talk-back.
- Please note that the Talk-Back performance of this event will take place on July 23.
- Regular: $25 per person
- Senior/Military: $20 per person
- Student: $18 per person
- Under 12: $12 per person