Drs. Sudeep Chandra and Zeb Hogan discuss their National Geographic Monster Fish exhibit at the Nevada Discovery Museum.
The exhibit runs from November 14, 2015 through April 24, 2015.
Topics covered in this podcast:
- Why conserving fresh-water ecosystems is important
- How monster fish are the “proverbial canaries in the coal mine” of fresh-water ecosystems
- The researchers’ ongoing research in Nevada and around the world
- How their research has evolved in the last nine years
- What are the threats to monster fish
- Why biodiversity matters
- What you can expect from the Monster Fish exhibit at The Discovery
Sudeep Chandra is an associate professor in the College of Science at the University of Nevada, Reno. Zeb Hogan is a research faculty member at Nevada, who also hosts the Monster Fish show on the National Geographic channel.
[clickToTweet tweet=”POCAST: Monster Fish — A Discussion with Zeb Hogan and Sudeep Chandra” quote=”POCAST: Monster Fish — A Discussion with Zeb Hogan and Sudeep Chandra”]