BALDINI’S NEWS — In honor of their 25th anniversary, Baldini’s is holding a One Million Dollar Celebration. They are giving their players a chance to win $150,000 CASH instantly Tuesday – Saturday through February 15th. Then starting on February 18th players will swipe and win for a chance to win $250,000 CASH Instantly.
- What: Mayor Geno Martini Proclaims January 21st Baldini’s Day
- Why: Baldini’s Celebrates 25 years of business
- How: Baldini’s One Million Dollar Celebration for 25th Anniversary. Also rolls back prices on food with 99 Cent Burger Basket and Fountain Drink
- When: Tuesday, January 21st 2014 at 2pm in the Brickyard Lounge inside Baldini’s
- Where: Baldini’s, 865 S. Rock Blvd, Sparks, NV 89431
Also, on Mondays, Baldini’s brings back the 4-of-a-kind Pepsi giveaway. Players will get a 6-pack of Pepsi product for every 4-of-a-kind hit. This is the oldest and most successful promotion that helped make Baldini’s a poker house.
Rolling Back Prices is part of their celebration featuring:
- 99 cent Burger, Fries and Fountain Drink. Daily From 11am – 9pm
- $5.99 ½ Pound NY Steak Dinner Monday – Thursday
- $6.99 Prime Rib Dinner Friday – Sunday
- $3 7oz Bud or Bud Light 6 packs in the gift shop
The property where Baldini’s stands today was purchased in 1962 by Don Baldwin and started as a two-pump gas station and convenience store. In 1964, Don expanded with a buffet called Smorgie’s.
The business later expanded to operate slot machines and a new restaurant called the Spaghetti Factory. This expansion led to the new name “Rod’s Shy Clown” after Don Baldwin’s partner Rod Badder.
“Rod’s Shy Clown” turned to just Shy Clown after several years and added a steak house to their facility along with many more gaming machines. At that point, the Shy Clown took on a western theme with a mechanical bull and live country entertainment which included some big names in the country music industry.
Don Baldwin then sold the business to Stuart and Wally Mason from Las Vegas. They operated the Shy Clown for a very short time before selling it back to Don Baldwin. The property then sat closed for 11 years.
In 1989 the property opened again as Baldini’s Sports Casino with over 600 slot machines, three restaurants, live gaming, keno, two bars, and entertainment. The name Baldini’s comes from Don Baldwin’s last name being “Italianized” by Don’s close Italian friends.
The Baldwin family was involved on the day-to-day operations and made Baldini’s a true locals casino. The kids worked there as teenagers and Don was known for always being on the casino floor.
In 2008 Baldini’s was purchased by partners Grant and Ladd Lincoln, Stan and Sheldon Feist, Charlie Skinner, Jeff Kendrick, Rick Heaney and Craig Soper. They still own the property today and love being a part of the Sparks community.
Please feel free to contact Pete McHugh at any time at 775-338-5795 for additional information.