NEVADA HEALTH LINK NEWS RELEASE
CARSON CITY – Current Nevada Health Link enrollees will have time to pay the invoice for their February coverage, according to Nevada Health Link.
Xerox, Nevada Health Link’s third-party vendor for the exchange, identified a system issue that delayed distribution of the exchange’s first generation of monthly invoices for February coverage. The invoices show an original due date of Jan. 25, but the invoices are expected to be received shortly after the due date.
Nevada Health Link’s grace period for premium payments builds in extra time so people can be sure their coverage continues uninterrupted despite the billing delay. The grace period ends Feb. 24, but plan participants are encouraged to pay promptly to ensure accounts accurately reflect payments.
“Xerox continues to be committed to Nevada Health Link and to helping Nevadans get access to affordable healthcare through the state’s health insurance exchange. We are doing constant reviews of our system, and making regular improvements. We identified the issue with billing earlier this week and worked around the clock to rectify it,” said Dave Hamilton, president, Government Healthcare Solutions, Xerox. “We apologize that bills for this month are late and will send out March invoices in a timely manner.”
Additional details about February premium payments follow:
- Plan participants are encouraged to review the information on their invoice cover letter carefully.
- If a payment has already been made, the payment will be reflected on the next invoice.
- If a one-time bank account draft or payment via credit card was set up, this payment will be executed and recorded on the person’s Nevada Health Link account. The payment will be reflected on the next invoice.
- If a recurring draft from a bank account has been set up, this payment will be executed on the planned cycle and recorded on the person’s Nevada Health Link account. The payment will be reflected on your next invoice.
- Premium payments can also be made on NevadaHealthLink.com, at (855)768-5465 or via check/money order using the payment coupon on mailed invoice.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.