NNMC NEWS RELEASE
Northern Nevada Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of our community. NNMC is hosting a community health fair on Thursday, Nov. 7, 7:30 – 11 a.m. in the main lobby of the hospital. It’s that time of year to get your flu and pneumonia shots! This is also a great opportunity for community members to receive free or low-cost preventative health screenings and education.
The full menu of health screenings is as follows:
* Flu Shot – $25
* Pnuomonia Shot – $60
* Blood pressure: FREE
* Body fat screening: FREE
* “Ask the Nurse”: FREE
* Complete blood count: $15
* Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
* Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
* Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
* Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
* Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
* Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm/Ultrasound (AAA) – $25
* Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
* Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
* Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
* Thyroid function: $35
* Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
* Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
* Community information from Access to Health Care, Immunize Nevada and California Transplant Donor Network.
Fasting for 10-12 hours prior is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10 percent discount on all tests, and signups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.