THE SUMMIT NEWS RELEASE
The Summit lifestyle center is offering numerous events, discounts and opportunities to support Breast Cancer Awareness month during October. The center has partnered with several stores and organizations in the community to offer shoppers a chance to shop, save, donate and learn about breast cancer. Plan to visit The Summit during October for the following events:
• Pink bras for purchase – Throughout the month of October, The Summit will have pink paper bras for purchase at select locations. Proceeds will benefit the Renown Health Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund.
• Corks & Cleavage Wine Walk – Sunday, Oct. 9 from 2 to 5 p.m. – Participate in this annual event with L’uva Bella Wine Gallery and other tenants from around the center. Cost is $25 with $5 from each ticket sale supporting the Renown Health Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund.
• Pink is Beautiful – Friday, Oct. 14, from noon to 9 p.m. – Receive mini-makeovers, decorating tips, fashion trends, lingerie fittings and more all throughout The Summit for small donations for each event. Proceeds will benefit the Renown Health Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund.
• Restaurant Week – Monday, Oct. 17 through Sunday, Oct. 23 – Dine at participating restaurants, and a portion of the proceeds from select meals and drinks will be donated to various cancer awareness causes.
• Wear it Again Soiree – Saturday, Oct. 22, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Throw on your favorite bridesmaid dress, suits, tuxedos and wedding dresses and visit My Wedding Library for this cocktail event. Proceeds will benefit the Reno Cancer Foundation; cost is $50 per person.
• Shop & Learn – Sunday, Oct. 23, from 9 to 11 a.m. – The Summit and Dillard’s host this shop and learn event where guests will have the chance to shop the latest fashions and trends at Dillard’s before it opens to the public. The morning includes guest speaker Dr. Susan Ward, radiologist with Reno Radiological Associates at Renown Breast Health Center who will share information about general breast health and the latest breast imaging technology SonoCine, offered locally only at Renown. Ticket prices are $40; a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Renown Health Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund.
In addition to specific events taking place at The Summit, several stores are offering discounts, events and opportunities to donate to a variety of organizations that support breast cancer throughout the month. Shoppers can stop in at Guest Services and pink up a Pink Passport, which lists sales happening around The Summit. Shoppers can also learn of all the opportunities to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month at The Summit online.
About The Summit
The Summit is located at the regionally dominant intersection of I-395 and the Mt. Rose Highway. The Summit presents a compelling retail experience that gives today’s shopper new merchandise, restaurants and entertainment choices. Anchored by Dillard’s, Orvis, Old Navy and Century Theatres, The Summit offers retail favorites Pottery Barn, Coldwater Creek, Apple, Gap, Williams-Sonoma and Jos. A. Bank among others. The Summit’s outdoor elements include patios, paths, fountains, fire pits, sitting areas, shade areas and extensive landscaping. Center hours are Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information on The Summit, visit www.thesummitonline.com.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.