SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
Washoe County Library System is joining libraries across Nevada in participating in Library Snapshot Day on Wednesday, October 20. The purpose of the one-day event is to show how important libraries are to Nevada residents.
All Washoe County libraries will compile statistics, patron comments, photographs and other data chronicling a typical library day. How many books are checked out? How many people receive help finding job-related or other information? How many receive homework help? How many attend a library program? How many use the library website?
The results will be added to those of other libraries across the state to show how public and academic libraries provide invaluable services to Nevadans. Library Snapshot Day was started by the New Jersey Library Association and adopted by the American Library Association earlier this year.
Supporters of Washoe County Library System are asked to drop by their neighborhood library to share their thoughts about the library and participate in the day’s activities. Here are some of the events taking place that day:
- Early voting at Incline Village, Northwest Reno, Sierra View, South Valleys, Spanish Springs and Sparks libraries – see www.washoecountylibrary.us for times.
- Toddler Time, Sparks Library, 10:15 a.m.
- Preschool Storytime, South Valleys Library, 11:15 a.m.
- “It’s Your Estate” workshop, Downtown Reno Library, noon
- Lifescapes, Northwest Reno Library, 1 p.m.
- After School Storytime, Incline Village Library, 4 p.m.
- Conversation Corner, Sparks Library, 4:30 p.m.
Patrons need to be aware that they may be photographed while they are at the library.
For more information, contact your local library or visit www.nevadalibraries.org/snapshot . Library Snapshot Day is an initiative of the Nevada Library Association.