Governor Jim Gibbons today congratulated six outstanding Nevada high school seniors who have been selected as semifinalists in the 2010 U.S. Presidential Scholars Program.
The six Nevada semifinalists include:
- Ms. Sara Kantor, The Adelson Upper School, Las Vegas;
- Mr. William B. Kostan, Green Valley High School, Henderson;
- Ms. Heidi H. Lim, Clark High School, Las Vegas;
- Mr. Sean A. McClelland, Incline High School, Incline Village;
- Ms. Julia G. Miller, Douglas High School, Minden; and
- Mr. Seth C. Thompson, Coronado High School, Henderson.
“These exemplary young Nevadans are the future leaders of Nevada,” Governor Gibbons said, “Their accomplishments are a credit not only to them, but also to their schools and hardworking teachers.”
Established in 1964 by Executive Order of the President, the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program honors distinguished seniors from around the country. Approximately 560 semifinalists have been named, and up to 141 of them will be named U.S. Presidential Scholars, one of the nation’s highest honors for high school students.