April is National Financial Literacy Month. If you’re looking for a spring challenge that doesn’t require a 5K or burpees, One Nevada Credit Union invites you to participate in the Spring Spruce Up Challenge to tidy-up your finances.
Throughout April, the community is encouraged to take a little time to spring clean their finances by completing nine easy Spring Spruce Up Challenge tasks. The tasks relate to the four key drivers of financial health: spend wisely, borrow smartly, save diligently, and plan thoughtfully.
These nine easy Spring Spruce Up Challenge steps can make big improvements in financial strength and confidence.
- Create a budget.
- Routinely check account balances to track your spending.
- Identify 3 areas to cut spending.
- Check your credit score.
- Explore if an auto refinance is right for you.
- Start an emergency savings fund.
- Protect your identity; update all passwords.
- Tackle 1 financial hurdle you’ve been putting off.
- Build your financial knowhow with Cent$ible, One Nevada’s free online financial education program. Take a quick quiz and create a playlist that focuses on what’s important to you.
Visit onenevada.org/springspruceup to learn more about each of the challenge tasks and follow One Nevada on Facebook for weekly Spring Spruce Up Challenge financial tips and your chance to win $100.
This post is paid content and does not represent the views of This Is Reno. Looking to promote your event or news? Consider a sponsored post.