The Soul Rockin’ Blues Festival, a 14-hour concert featuring 12 bands, kicks off at noon Dec. 16 at Studio on 4th located at 432 East Fourth Street. This festival combines rock, blues, and soul music, with original and cover bands, all under one roof.
Symphonic metal and touring band Dawn of Morgana, hailing from the Sacramento, California area, is the headlining act. The band stays true to their death metal, thrash metal, and symphonic style roots but uses the memorable chorus patterns and tempo changes fans expect.
Bands and Schedule:
- 12 to 12:45 p.m.: Into the Light (90′ rock covers) featuring an introduction by Delemi
- 1 – 1:45 p.m.: Big Heart (classic rock covers and originals)
- 2:15 to 3 p.m.: Dead Letter Disciple (alternative rock originals)
- 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.: 9 Below Zero (blues originals covers)
- 4:45 to 5:30 p.m.: Whiskey Preachers (blues covers)
- 6 to 6:45 p.m.: Jason king Band (blues Originals)
- 7:15 to 8 p.m.: SuperNaturalHeroes (rock originals)
- 8:30 to 9:15 p.m.: Erika Malone’s Eminence (soul covers)
- 9:45 to 10:30 p.m.: Gruve Nation (soul covers)
- 11 p.m. to 12 a.m.: Dawn of Morgana (tour band) (hard rock originals)
- 12:30 to 1:15 a.m.: Hexashooter (rock originals)
- 1:45 to 3:45 a.m.: Band 11 (debut show, classic rock and country covers)
From 1:45 to 9:45 p.m. there will be a “Guitar Shred-Off” contest with prominent music community members serving as judges. Winners receive guitar gear and artwork as prizes for each contest, with a guitar awarded at midnight to the grand prize winner. There are still some slots available and it’s free to enter.
A raffle for music gear, artwork, signed concert photos, and a guitar will be sold for $1 each. A Christmastime community food drive rounds off the event. Any donation to the food drive earns the guest a free raffle ticket.
Studio on 4th can accommodate up to 140 attendees, and organizers expect it to remain full throughout the festival. The $5 cover charge for this all-ages show includes a free raffle ticket, $2 off your first drink, plus free pizza.
Here is your chance to do what I’ve been saying all along, “Be sure to support your local bands and venues … Go to a Show.”
Check out photos of some of the bands scheduled to appear in the gallery below.