Northeastern Nevada’s business, government and industry leaders are reaching out to the Reno market to present business and investment opportunities in the first-ever Elko Regional Economic Summit.
“Elko and Lander counties, as has the rest of northeastern Nevada, have seen substantial mining growth,” said Summit Host, Pam Borda, Director of the Elko County Economic Diversity Authority. “This has created a critical shortage of sufficient retail, residential, commercial, and industrial development in these communities. This shortage is an ’opportunity gap’ for astute investors to step in and meet critical demands in fast-growing, sustainable and underserved markets.”
These opportunities will be presented at the Elko Regional Economic Summit to be held on Wednesday, May 30 at the Atlantis Casino Resort — a free all-day forum which includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Attendees will receive baseline information from regional experts on:
- Elko and Lander County Development/Economic Trends
- Future employment needs and market sustainability
- World Class Mining…an overview of current and future operations
- Lifestyle/Tourism/Entertainment Opportunities
- Commercial/Industrial Opportunities
- Transformative Residential Opportunities
- City of Elko Planning/Expansion Needs & Process
The program is aimed at residential and land developers, commercial/industrial developers as well as institutional lenders, commercial/Industrial brokers and private equity investors, Borda said.
Tim Crowley, President, Nevada Mining Association; Pam Borda, Executive Director, Elko County Economic Diversification Authority; Don Newman of the Elko Convention/Visitors Authority; Jim Winer, Owner/Broker, Coldwell Banker Algerio/Q-Team Realty; Greg Martin, Broker/Salesman, Coldwell Banker Algerio/Q-Team Realty; and Greg Evangelatos, City Planner, City of Elko.
The Elko Regional Economic Summit is being sponsored and presented by the Elko Economic Diversification Authority, City of Elko, Lander County Economic Development Authority, Nevada Mining Association, Coldwell Banker Algerio/Q/Team Realty, First American Title Insurance Co., Newmont Mining Corp. and Barrick Gold Corp. Promotional support is also being provided by Southwest Gas, Frontier Communications and NV Energy.
To RSVP for the forum, contact Kevin Jones at First American Title via e-mail at email@example.com.
Latest posts by ThisIsReno (see all)
- Cattlemen’s Association express concerns with Nevada Department of Wildlife - March 9, 2014
- Mazzaferri: Business leadership, budget knowledge for Reno Ward 4 - March 7, 2014
- Northern Nevada delegation meets with Reid - March 7, 2014
- RPD: Scam targeting citizens by impersonating law enforcement personnel - March 7, 2014