SUBMITTED NEWS RELEASE
Carson City, Nev. The Nevada Rural Housing Authority (NRHA) was recognized with the 2010 “Pushing the Envelope Award” for innovative and creative approaches in the field of weatherization. Margaret Donnelly, Weatherization Program Manager for the NRHA, was presented with the award at the recent Energy OutWest Conference that hosted more than 1,000 attendees from 38 states.
Funded by the US Department of Energy, the Weatherization Program helps reduce the cost of utilities and improve energy conservation for low-income Nevadans. Assistance is provided free of charge for those living in single-family homes, multi-family units and mobile homes.
More than 200 homes have been weatherized since July of 2009. Participants on average save 700 kwh and 418 therms annually which equates to just over $600 a year in energy savings per home.
“Margaret and her team, Mike Hynick and Mike Linarez, have a lot to be proud of,” said Gary Longaker, NRHA Executive Director. “The significant energy savings makes this a truly Green program, and participants appreciate the extra ‘green’ they have in their pocket.”
NRHA’s Weatherization Program may include:
· Ceiling, floor and duct insulation
· Duct leakage sealing
· Window replacement
· Exterior door replacement
· Water heater and water pipe insulation
· Furnace replacement
For more information on the Nevada Rural Housing Authority’s Weatherization Program, contact 775-283-0099 or http://www.nvrural.org.
For nearly 40 years, the Nevada Rural Housing Authority has worked to get Nevadans into safe, comfortable, affordable homes. Through innovative home ownership, home enhancement and rental assistance programs, NRHA has improved the quality of life for tens of thousands of Nevadans across the state.
Latest posts by ThisIsReno (see all)
- Registration now open for Wildfire Awareness Half Marathon and 5K Run - April 1, 2015
- Endocrinology, Wellness Center combine forces to better serve patients - April 1, 2015
- EXHIBIT: “Every Man Has The Right To Go To Hell In His Own Way” - April 1, 2015
- Assembly Committee Passes Candidate Election Integrity Act - April 1, 2015