Detectives with the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office are looking for volunteers from the unincorporated areas of Washoe County to help with a sting operation targeting thieves who attempt to steal packages from doorways.
The operation will occur over the coming weeks because of the high amount of package deliveries expected during the holidays.
Residents interested in volunteering for the sting are asked to contact Detective Josh Jenkins by email: [email protected]
Steps to prevent package theft:
- Track packages and try to be home when they arrive, or ask a trusted neighbor or friend to pick up the package
- Have packages delivered to your workplace, if possible
- Ask the delivery company to require a signature before leaving
- Have the package held at the delivery company for pickup
- Install security cameras at your home
- Report suspicious activity to law enforcement