The fourth annual Walk with Washoe, a series of park ranger-led walking hikes at various parks, is underway for 2019.
The schedule is as follows:
- 7:30 p.m. June 13 at Galena Creek Regional Park, Jones Creek Interpretive Trail, 18250 Mount Rose Hwy.; 2.3 miles. Meet at visitor center parking lot.
- 7 p.m. June 18 at Sun Valley Regional Park, 5905 Sidehill Drive; 1 mile. Meet at main parking lot near the picnic pavilion
- 7 p.m. July 30 at Slide Mountain Trailhead on the edge of the East Bowl at Mt. Rose-Ski Tahoe, 2222 Mount Rose Hwy.; 1 mile. Meet at trailhead on the parking lot’s northeast corner.
- 7 p.m. Aug. 20 at Huffaker Hills, Alexander Lake Road; 1.5 miles.
Meet at trailhead parking lot.
- 5:30 p.m. Sept. 17 at, North Valleys Regional Park, 8085 Silver Lake Road; 1.7 miles. Meet at parking lot by ball fields.
- 5:30 p.m. Oct. 1 at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park Pasture Loop Trail, 1595 N. Sierra St. Pasture Loop Trail; 1.4 miles. Meet at ranger office next to flagpole at North Sierra Street entrance.
For questions, contact Washoe311 by dialing 3-1-1 from any phone.