The 31st Annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook Off in Sparks, Nevada is almost here. The event, held Aug. 29 through Sept. 4, 2017, brings thousands of rib-lovers to Victorian Square to sample the barbecue crafted by competitors from across the nation. It’s also an event a lot of people look forward to each year.
In addition to savory eats, the Rib Cook Off also attracts some of the best bands to play shows throughout the Labor Day weekend event. This year is no different.
Playing on the Main Stage, the headliners include:
- Wednesday, Aug. 30: The Romantics
- Thursday, Aug. 31: Night Ranger
- Friday, Sept. 1: Love & Theft
- Saturday, Sept. 2: Gin Blossoms
- Sunday, Sept. 3: Eric Paslay
- Monday, Sept. 4: A Flock of Seagulls
All Main Stage shows start at 7 p.m., except Monday which begins at 3 p.m.
The Plaza Stage the lineup is all tribute bands, featuring:
- Wednesday, Aug. 30: Bon Fire, a tribute to AC/DC
- Thursday, Aug. 31: Shades of Twain, a tribute to Shania Twain
- Friday, Sept. 1: Boogie Nights, classic disco favorites
- Saturday, Sept. 2: Country Artists, a tribute to Kenny Chesney
- Sunday, Sept. 3: Life in the Fastlane, a tribute to the Eagles
- Monday, Sept. 4: Ultimate Stones, a tribute to the Rolling Stones
All Plaza Stage shows start at 6 p.m., except Monday which begins at 1 p.m.
This year’s entertainment lineup is awesome; as usual, the Nugget out-did themselves again. Now, let’s see if last year’s winning cooker, Rasta Joe’s BBQ, can pull off two consecutive wins.
For more information on the 2017 Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook Off visit http://www.nuggetribcookoff.com/