Northern Nevada Medical Center is hosting a community health fair on Thursday, May 1 at 7:30am – 11 a.m. This is an opportunity for free or low-cost preventative health screenings and education.
Services offer are:
- Blood pressure: FREE
- Body fat screening: FREE
- “Ask the Nurse”: FREE
- Complete blood count: $15
- Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
- Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
- Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
- Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
- Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
- Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
- Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
- Thyroid function: $35
- Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
- Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
- Immunize Nevada will have information, resources and education available: FREE
- The California Transplant Donor Network will be providing information on organ donor and registration: FREE
Fasting for 10-12 hours prior is required for best results in blood screenings. NNMC Advantage members get a 10% discount on all tests, and sign ups are available at the health fair. For details call 356-NNMC (6662) or go to www.NNMC.com.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.