RPD NEWS RELEASE
The large crowds that descended on downtown Reno to ring in the new year were mostly peaceful. Unfortunately there were instances of indiscretion, mostly due to over-intoxication, which led to the arrest of several people. Below are the arrest numbers specific to the New Year’s Eve event in downtown Reno:
- Battery on a police officer – 1
- Disturbing the peace – 2
- Minor in consumption of alcohol – 3
- Possession of open alcohol container in public – 2
- Obstructing or resisting an officer – 5
- DUI – 2
- Intoxicated pedestrian in a roadway – 2
- Urinating in public – 2
- Domestic battery – 1
- Battery – 1
- Possession of less than 1oz of marijuana – 1
- Trespass – 1
Three people were also placed under civil protective custody, and one person was cited for urinating in public.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.