Agencies chosen to help Nevadans use new health insurance exchange


Nevada Health Link LogoCARSON CITY – Nevada Health Link is proud to announce the grantees that have been selected as “navigators” and “enrollment assisters.” The following agencies will facilitate enrollment in qualified health plans offered through Nevada Health Link beginning in October 2013:

  • Inter-tribal Council of Nevada (ITCN) (Statewide)
  • Know Your Care (Statewide)
  • The Children’s Cabinet (Statewide)
  • Great Basin Primary Care (Northern Nevada)
  • Consumer Assistance and Resource Enterprise (CARE) (Southern Nevada)
  • East Valley Family Services (Southern Nevada)
  • Latin Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation (Southern Nevada)
  • Richard Allen Community Outreach (Southern Nevada)

Navigators and enrollment assisters will receive grant funds from Nevada Health Link to assist in the education and enrollment of eligible consumers in health insurance plans offered through Nevada Health Link. Their primary purpose is to help Nevadans successfully navigate the enrollment process—from understanding the Affordable Care Act to learning how to best manage costs and utilize healthcare services.

“With the help of navigators and enrollment assisters, health insurance consumers will receive one-on-one, in-person assistance,” said Jon Hager, executive director of the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange, who operates Nevada Health Link. “This will help alleviate much of the uncertainty that surrounds the purchase of a qualified health insurance plan.”

Navigators and enrollment assisters will undergo a thorough background check, and certification and training program through the Nevada Division of Insurance (DOI) to ensure that Nevadans receive the highest quality assistance. Navigators and enrollment assisters will also collaborate with insurance agents and brokers to enroll consumers.

About ThisIsReno 12686 Articles
ThisisReno is your source for online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated. #thisisReno