New hYPe series focuses on enhancing leadership and business practice skills
Local businesses may be cutting back on professional development training but Reno-Tahoe Young Professional Network is offering an affordable solution that will assist young professionals with career development. On Tuesday, Aug. 21 the Higher Young Professional Education Series (hYPe) will begin its eight-course program led by local consultant, Amber Barnes. The series is made possible by a partnership with Amber Barnes Consulting, United Federal Credit Union, and the Boys and Girls Club Young Professionals Committee.
“The hYPe program is a great opportunity for young professionals to engage in professional development specifically targeted toward young professionals. The series provides unique training opportunities and allows participants to network with other professionals,” said Nicole Shimabuku, Executive Director of Reno-Tahoe Young Professionals Network. “We are very excited to offer this program and know the value it will bring to professionals in the community.”
Participants will engage in bi-monthly courses that are developed to enhance business practice skills, leadership techniques and team performance. The course will also provide opportunities to directly apply learned skills at the workplace. All programs will be taught on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Peppermill in Reno. A full list with course descriptions can be found at www.renotahoeypn.com.
· August 21 – Retreat – Introductions, Establish Community, Inspire Leadership
· September 4 – Your Leadership Edge – What Kind of Leader Are You?
· September 25 – Accelerating Your Impact – Leadership Styles, Vision, Action
· October 2 – Developing High Performing Teams – Performance, Leadership, Coaching
· October 16 – Emergenetics taught by Chris Cox – Behavioral Preferences and Application
· October 30 – Team Dynamics – Relationships, Results, Collaboration
· November 13 – Maximizing Potential – Empowerment, Engagement and Commitment
· November 27 – Graduation – Closing Ceremony and Reflections
Amber Barnes with Amber Barnes Consulting will be the primary facilitator of the hYPe series. Barnes is an executive coach, leadership strategist and facilitator, specializing in personal leadership, leadership development and talent cultivation. Before opening her consulting firm, she was a manager, coach and consultant within a Fortune 50 organization. Barnes earned her degree from the University of Nevada, Reno and will soon graduate with a master’s degree in Organizational Development.
The hYPe series is being offered to YPN members for $200 and non-members for $265 which includes a one-year YPN membership, valued at $65.The full course is valued at $4,000 per participant. Space is limited to 30 participants. To register for the series, call 775-829-3555 or email[email protected].
To learn more about Reno-Tahoe Young Professionals Network and to become a member, visit www.renotahoeypn.com.