WASHOE COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
What: Joint meeting among the city of Reno, city of Sparks, Washoe County School District and Washoe County commissioners, also sitting as the Board of Fire Commissioners for Truckee Meadows and Sierra Fire Protection Districts
When: Monday, April 2, at 8:30 a.m. The meeting can be viewed live on WCTV on Charter Channel 217 or on Washoe County’s Video on Demand webpage at this link: http://www.washoecounty.us/mgrsoff/wctv_live.html
Where: Board of County Commissioners Chambers, Building A, 1001 E. Ninth St., Reno
Who: Reno City Council, Sparks City Council, Washoe County School District Board of Trustees, Washoe County Commission, Board of Fire Commissioners for Truckee Meadows and Sierra Fire Protection Districts
Items on the agenda include:
· Discussion and potential direction to staff and possible approval of the proposed First Amendment to the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement (Truckee River Flood Management Project) as it relates to the voting structure of the Board of Directors of the Flood Management Authority
· Discussion and potential direction to staff regarding the Community Assistance Center
· Discussion and potential direction to staff regarding the Community Triage Center at the Community Assistance Center
· Update and status report on the proposed tax rate adjustment for the Regional Animal Services Fund
· Update and status report on Washoe County Senior Services programs and service levels
· Fire update, discussion and potential direction relating to Interlocal Agreement for Fire Service and consolidation, including such items as employees, real properties, fire suppression and prevention services, mutual and automatic aid, service contracts, fiscal issues, potential regionalization of future fire services, communications and scheduling of future meetings between the government entities which are parties to the Interlocal Agreement.
Note: For fire update only the Reno City Council will convene with the Washoe County Board of Commissioners, which will convene as the Board of Fire Commissioners for Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, the Board of Fire Commissioners for Sierra Fire Protection District and the Washoe County Board of Commissioners.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.