60.6 F

Paid election workers needed



The Washoe County registrar of voters is looking for individuals who are willing to serve as paid poll workers for the upcoming Sept. 13 Special Election.

In order to serve as a poll worker you must be a registered voter of Nevada and a resident of Washoe County, be physically able to assemble equipment and not be a relative of a candidate for nomination or election. If you are willing to commit to a long but rewarding day serving the citizens of Washoe County, then please visit our website to learn more about what it takes to work the polls.

You can fax your completed application to the Registrar of Voters Department, (775) 328-3747, or mail it to us at P.O. Box 11130, Reno NV 89520. If you wish, you can drop off your application at our office at 1001 East 9th Street, Room A135, in Reno.

Once we have received your application, a poll worker recruiter will contact you to see which position would be best for your abilities and to assign you to the right position and best polling place available.

Also, Washoe County needs bi-lingual poll workers. If you speak fluent English and Spanish and are interested in serving as a poll worker, please contact Jon at 328-3675 or Sue at 328-3673.

Remember, the sooner you call the greater the likelihood that we can assign you to a polling place near your home.

This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.