NRCS NEWS RELEASE
The Nevada State Technical Committee will meet on June 15 to discuss Farm Bill programs administered by the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
“We have some critical issues to discuss and would appreciate input from producers, partners and conservation groups,” said Bruce Petersen, Nevada state conservationist for the NRCS.
Funding for energy-efficient irrigation systems, converted agricultural land, invasive weed control, and conservation practices installed on public land are among the topics to be discussed.
“We’d like to know if we’re spending Farm Bill money in the right places and on the right practices,” said Petersen.
The meeting will be held by videoconference from the Nevada Farm Bureau office in Sparks, 2165 Green Vista, Suite 205.
The remote video locations will be located in:
- Battle Mountain—Cooperative Extension, 815 N. Second Street, 89820-2326
- Caliente—Cooperative Extension, 360 Lincoln Street, 89008-0728
- Carson City—Western Nevada College, Reynolds Building, Room 102, 2201 West College Parkway, 89703
- Elko—Great Basin College, High Tech Center, #121, 1290 Burns Rd., 89801
- Ely—Cooperative Extension, 995 Campton Street, 89301-0210
- Eureka—Cooperative Extension, 701 S. Main Street, Annex Building, 89316-0613
- Fallon—Cooperative Extension, 111 Sheckler Road, 89406
- Las Vegas—location pending; please call (702) 262-9047 for location information
- Owyhee—Great Basin College SPHE, Hwy. 225, 89832
- Tonopah—Cooperative Extension, #1 Frankie St., Old Courthouse, 89049-0231
- Winnemucca—Cooperative Extension, 1085 Fairgrounds Road, 889445-2927
For more information, call (775) 857-8500, go online to www.nv.nrcs.usda.gov or contact your local NRCS office.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.