- Study Skills, Critical Thinking, and More addresses organizational and study skills for third through sixth graders from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Nov. 28 at Bennett Elementary School, 5900 Sidehill Drive, Room B2, Sun Valley; and from 8:45 to 10:15 a.m. Dec. 5 at the Loder Elementary School cafeteria, 600 Apple St.
- Passport to High School is for families of middle school students and it provides information about the school district’s Signature Academies, which are four-year themed high school programs. Sessions are from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 28 in the Student Center at Truckee Meadows Community College, 7000 Dandini Blvd. in the Red Mountain Building; and from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 30 at the Sparks Parks & Recreation Department, 98 Richards Way.
- Math Paths will help parents learn how to help their elementary school-aged children in mathematics. Take home materials will be provided. The event is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at Sepulveda Elementary School, 5075 Ion Drive, Sparks.
- Infinite Campus Portal helps parents access their child’s grades, attendance, and assessment data. This event is open to families with children at all grade levels and is planned from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the career center at North Valleys High School, 1470 E. Golden Valley Road.
- Explore the enVision Math Curriculum session for parents of second through fifth graders will include a review of the courses and information on how to help children at home with math. The event is from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the library at Taylor Elementary School, 252 Egyptian Drive, Sparks.
- Engaging Learning at Home will address how to make connections to classroom learning through engaging activities at home. The session is for elementary school families and is scheduled from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Dec. 5 in the cafeteria at Elmcrest Elementary School, 855 McDonald Drive.
- Learning How to Navigate the Library is geared toward families with children in pre-kindergarten through sixth grades and is set for 5 to 6 p.m. Dec. 5 at Sierra View Library in the Reno Town Mall, 4001 S. Virginia St.
- Identifying a Gifted and Talented Child is scheduled for elementary school families from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5 in the cafeteria at Dilworth S.T.E.M. Academy, 255 Prater Way, Sparks. Information on the criteria, identification process, and screening for gifted and talented programs will be provided. No on-site testing will take place.
- Building Cooperative Behavior is scheduled from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Dec. 8 in Room 22 at Palmer Elementary School, 5890 Klondike Drive, Sun Valley. Parents of elementary school students will learn to build supportive environments and increase positive interactions with their children.
Each session except for the Passport to High School programs offers free childcare for children 2 years and older. Interpretation in Spanish will be provided. Other languages are available upon request.
For more information, visit www.wcsdparentu.org or call the district’s Department of Family-School Partnerships at 775-789-4685.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Upcoming Parent University Classes to Address a Variety of Topics” quote=”Upcoming Parent University Classes to Address a Variety of Topics”]