The Washoe County School District is seeking applicants for several of its citizen advisory committees, which make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on a variety of topics.
Information on committee vacancies are as follows:
Zoning Advisory Committee, meets monthly
- Evaluates and makes recommendations related to school attendance zones
- Seats are available for those who meet the following criteria: educational support staff person and at-large parent/guardian or community member. Terms end June 2018 but may be extended through the next term, ending June 2020.
- For information about this committee, visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/6391
School Naming Committee, meets periodically as needed
- Evaluates and makes recommendations related to the naming of new schools
- Committee seeks to fill an at-large vacated seat for term ending June 2019
- For more information about this committee, visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/6534
Council on Family Resources, meets approximately four times annually
- Creates an action plan to be implemented by each of the district’s Family Resource Centers
- Reviews and provides recommendations to the superintendent related to the function of the Family Resource Centers, which may include education on caring for infants, health care services for children, and programs to assist students and their families
- Term is through June 2018
- For information about this committee, visit http://washoeschools.net/Page/5784
Applications and letters of interest can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to the Washoe County School District’s Board Services Department, P.O. Box 30425, Reno, NV 89520, or by fax to 775-348-0304. Applications can also be delivered in person to district headquarters, 425 E. Ninth St., Reno.
Application forms are available at https://www.wcsdpolicy.net/pdf_files/forms/9105-AF-Committee_App-v4.pdf or copies can be picked up at district headquarters.
For more information, call 775-348-0200.