The winners are in. Announced yesterday at 2 p.m., the annual Nugget “Best in the West” Rib Cook-off 2015 featured two dozen competitors throughout the Labor Day weekend event. An estimated half-million people attended, consuming 250,000 lbs. of ribs.
The winners this year are:
- 1st Place: Bone Daddy’s BBQ (Midland, Michigan) – $7,500
- 2nd Place: Famous Dave’s BBQ (Plymouth, Minnesota and Reno, Nevada) – $3,000
- 3rd Place: Uncle Bub’s (Westmount, Illinois) – $2,000
- 4th Place: Back Forty Texas BBQ (Pleasant Hill, California) – $1,000
- 5th Place: Texas Outlaw Barbecue (Elizabethtown, Kentucky) – $500
- Best Sauce: Aussom Aussie Australian BBQ Company (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania) – $500
- People’s Choice: Bone Daddy’s BBQ (Midland, Michigan)
View a photo gallery, by Emmett Esnard, below.