Events and Things to do in Reno, Nevada
- This event has passed.
June 20 - June 29
The Wildest, Richest Rodeo in the West is celebrating 100 years!
Everyone loves a cowboy, are we right?! The rodeo is THE place to see and be seen. Featuring 10 days and nights of the best rodeo competition in the country with over 750 professional athletes. Enjoy all of the fan favorites, including two world-class team roping events, professional bull riding, team roping, steer wrestling, barrel racing and bronc riding. The exciting Western action also features an authentic cattle drive, parade, Extreme Mustang Makeover, Double R Marketplace for Western shopping, food, carnival and the wildly popular Mutton Bustin’. Schedule of Events.
The event kicks off with an outdoor concert to get fans into the Rodeo spirit. If you’re in the mood for libations, music and dancing, the happening Jack Daniels tent is open nightly or enjoy a VIP experience in The Branding Room. Other highlights include:
- Reno Rodeo Kick-Off Concert (June 19, 7 p.m.) – Platinum-selling Montgomery Gentry is taking the band’s long-awaited studio album, Here’s to You, on the road. This emotional return to the stage is the first time member Eddie Montgomery will be touring without the late Troy Gentry. Also performing is Lauren Alaina and Jerrod Niemann.
- Famous Reno Rodeo Cattle Drive (June 20, high noon) – At high noon, its a scene from the wild west as 300 head of cattle arrives in Reno and draws huge crowds along the route through town.
- Xtreme Bull Riding (June 20, 7 p.m.) – Watch 40 of the top PRCA pro bull riders tackle 40 of the nation’s rankest bulls.
- Reno Rodeo Parade (June 22, 10 a.m.) – Fun for the family, watch the rodeo parade marches through downtown Reno on Virginia Street.
- Championship Drill Team Competition (June 21, 8 a.m.) – Twelve drill teams are invited to compete at the Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center Indoor Arena.
- Carnival by Davis Shows N.W. (June 14-June 23, 4 p.m. – closing) – the popular carnival is a favorite attraction during the 10 days of the rodeo. To purchased tickets or armbands, or for more details on hours and special offers, click here.
- Rodeo competition (June 15-June 23, 7 p.m.) – Nightly rodeo events include bareback, bull riding, Mutton Bustin, Saddle Bronc, Steer Wrestling, Team Roping, Tie-Down Roping, WPRA Women’s Barrel Racing.
- Bob Feist Invitational Team Roping Week (June 24-27) – Four days of outstanding team roping that includes the Bob Feist Invitational, the richest one-day event featuring 100 of the world’s best open teams.
Never Miss a Story
Get award-winning, homegrown Reno news in your inbox.