Events and Things to do in Reno, Nevada
- This event has passed.
July 8 - August 12
Classical music performed by world-renowned artists!
Experience a virtuoso orchestra of musicians from the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony, Seattle Symphony, LA Phil, Reno Phil and more, in an intimate setting surrounded by the majesty of Lake Tahoe. Performances have gained wide acclaim and provide the audience with thrilling musical experiences. Purchase tickets online now.
- Sunday, July 8 – Summer Gala featuring Branford Marsalis, Saxophone
- Friday, July 20 – A Conversation on the Mysteries of Art and Family
- Friday, July 27 – Made in America
- Saturday, July 28 – French Romance
- Sunday, July 29 – All About the Rhythm
- Friday, August 3 – From the Opera House to the Concert Hall
- Saturday, August 4 – Russian and French Nights
- Friday, August 10 – 7th Season Celebration
- Saturday, August 11 – East Meets West
- Sunday, August 12 – The Brubeck Brothers Quartet
Located on the campus of Sierra Nevada College in the heart of Incline Village, Nevada, the seventh season features America’s leading classical musicians performing under the direction of Maestro Joel Revzen. The picture-perfect Lake Tahoe setting provides the inspirational backdrop for your favorite composers. Previous years have featured the musical masterpieces of Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Gershwin, Bernstein, Copland and more.
Joel Revzen, Conductor
Maestro Joel Revzen is an award-winning conductor who leads symphony and opera performances throughout North America and Europe. His active recording career includes two releases with the London Symphony Orchestra, as well as critically acclaimed versions of Haydn’s Die Schöpfung and Die Jahreszeiten with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, and the Grammy-award winning The Art of Arleen Auger on which he was both pianist and conductor.
Maestro Revzen has invited the following renowned soloists to share their artistry, each for a one-week residency at Classical Tahoe concerts, playing a concerto with the orchestra, perhaps playing in a ensemble and/or a solo recital. Soloists will be announced in the Spring.
Food and Beverage
A selection of food, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase from vendors in an area surrounding our concert tent, prior to each event and during the intermission. Picnic areas are available for your enjoyment, around and outside the tent.