There is so much to do this week. There are dozens of events listed in our calendar – from Reno-area education to business events to live concerts at venues large and small. Many are free to attend. Below are some recommendations to enjoy the week.
SPONSORED: Rockin’ on the River at Rock Park. The City of Sparks is bringing back its Hello Summer Celebration Series. The community is invited to a “Rockin’ on the River” good time with live music, food trucks, games and lots of fun. Learn more.
- Small Wonder Wednesday at The Discovery. This morning event is for young learners ages 5 and under. Hear stories, climb the clouds, create art and enjoy the entire museum for an hour before it opens to everyone. Details.
- Promoting Pollinators in Your Yard. One Truckee River is hosting this virtual seminar on pollinators. You may have read this article last week about locals promoting bee-friendly yards. Well, now you can put that into practice after learning more by attending this seminar. Information.
- RAGECON Tabletop Gaming Convention at the Nugget. Board games and role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons are all the rage these days. The Reno-area gaming expo (RAGE) starts at noon on Friday and programming runs until 1 a.m. Saturday is a full day from 8 a.m. to 1 a.m., then Sunday picks up again at 8 a.m. and runs until the convention ends at 6p.m. Get your game on.
- Sierra Arts Festival at Wingfield Park. Running Saturday and Sunday, this exhibit and sale features local artists selling their work plus food trucks and entertainment. It’s free to attend. Details.
- Bon Bon Vivant is playing this week at the Peppermill’s Terrace Lounge. The New Orleans-based indie band plays dance-ready original Gypsy swing, dark ballads and up-tempo rock. Get details here. Watch their video below.