University of Nevada, Reno spring graduates will participate in one of six separate ceremonies hosted on the campus’s quad Thursday through Saturday this week.
More than 3,200 degrees will be handed out over the course of the three days including more than 2,500 bachelor’s degrees and nearly 700 master’s or doctoral degrees.
University officials said the most popular of the 169 major represented during the ceremonies include community health sciences, psychology and criminal justice. The oldest graduate this year is 71 and the youngest is just 19.
Ceremonies will be held at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day and are scheduled as follows:
- 9 a.m. ceremony: College of Business
- 4 p.m. ceremony: College of Engineering and the Orvis School of Nursing
- 9 a.m. ceremony: School of Medicine: Speech Pathology program and the College of Science
- 4 p.m. ceremony: College of Education and Human Development, the Reynolds School of Journalism and the School of Social Work
- 9 a.m. ceremony: College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources and the School of Public Health
- 4 p.m. ceremony: College of Liberal Arts
A livestream of the ceremonies will be available at unr.edu/live.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.