Who needs fall anyways? This week’s lineup of events has a decidedly pro-winter feel. Well, aside from that Midtown-by-pineapple tour. For those who are keen to skip straight to Christmas-themed events, there’s also a holiday craft fair in town and the Polar Express is up and running out of Carson City. To stick with cold-but-not-yet-Christmas, here are five events to check out:
- We’ve never seen a calendar listing like this, and frankly, we’re kind of surprised it came out of the Sky Tavern Ski Swap crew. It’s a stream of consciousness description of what you can expect from this year’s event. Don’t be surprised if you walk away with an extra pair of gloves and something bizarre. (Their suggestion, not ours.)
- There’s no point in quibbling over calendar dates with the Warren Miller production crew. In their 72nd feature film they’ve declared “Winter Starts Now.” 🤷 High Fives Foundation is putting on the show, which includes their own documentary and an expo with more fun stuff.
- It’s the gift that keeps on giving: Disney on Ice’s “Dream Big” features the characters and hit Disney songs that will have your kids singing “Let It Go” through the holiday season. Catch Moana and Maui, Mickey and Minnie, Coco’s Miguel, and yes, Anna and Elsa in one of four shows Thursday through Sunday.
- For those who skip out on Disney characters, there’s still a Cinderella moment to be had this week. Your pineapple chariot awaits at the Stop. Shop. & Roll Midtown Bar Tour. It’s a hop-on, hop-off pedicab bar crawl through Midtown. Just try not to lose your shoe.
- Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission has figured out a more refined way to host a turkey drop. They’re gathering volunteers to fan out across several neighborhoods and hand-deliver frozen turkeys and Thanksgiving dinner fixings to families in need. (No helicopters required.) Sign up ahead of time for their Random Acts of Kindness Event.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.