Our bellies are still full from the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, so this week’s update is sluggish, piggy but satiated. Nevertheless, we’ve managed to cobble together some events out of our free, local events calendar.
- Magic of Santa Craft Faire (sponsored): This will be a “Very Fun” show with wonderful handmade crafts by very talented crafters. Get the deets.
- Sparks, our sister city to the east, is hosting 39 North Downtown. This holiday celebration includes twinkling lights, shopping, crafters, incredible food (if you can make room) and holiday cheer. A “Griswold Challenge” is also on deck, but we’re afraid to ask what that’s about, Clark. It starts Thursday and goes through Saturday, which also features a parade. Link.
- Magique is going down at The Theater. What’s The Theater? Well, we told you about it already. Back in September. It’s the new-and-improved former TMCC theater on Keystone Avenue. This week they’re hosting dazzling lights, catchy costumes and next-level illusions for the Magique show.
- Midtown’s gonna get lit (sponsored). The Midtown Business District is hosting a Christmas tree lighting and holiday party. Hot chocolate and Santa? We can only hope. It’s at Living Stones Church at 445 S. Virginia Street. Information.
- Abundant peace meets martial arts. Wait, what? The Martial Art of Abundant Peace class aims to develop martial artists that are proficient in intelligently resolving conflict. The natural movements you will learn in this class are based on walking and exact lines of attack, defense and harmony. That’s Tuesday at the Peace Dojo on South Wells Avenue. Get info.
Have a great week. We’re still digesting turkey, cranberries, bread, ham and smoked meats, so we’ll be back to normal, and less bloated, next week. Hopefully.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.