Preparations are already underway for the region’s popular after-Christmas tradition – tree recycling. Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful’s Christmas Tree Recycling Program beings Saturday, Dec. 26 and continues through Jan. 10, 2021.
Volunteers will take up collection stations at six drop-off locations throughout the Truckee Meadows from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. Residential Christmas trees delivered for recycling should be free of ornaments, nails, stands, tinsel and flocking, and people are asked to wear masks when dropping off those trees. Commercial tree lots can deliver trees to RT Donovan in Sparks.
A suggested $3 donation per tree helps to cover costs of the program, and each donation will be matched by the NV Energy Foundation.
Volunteers are still needed to help with the event at the Bartley Ranch, Reno Sports Complex and Shadow Mountain locations. Sign up to volunteer at ktmb.org/volunteer. This year volunteers will be wearing masks and working in limited group sizes.
Drop-off locations include:
- Bartley Ranch Regional Park: 6000 Bartley Ranch Rd, Reno
- Reno Sports Complex: 2975 N. Virginia Street, Reno
- Shadow Mt. Sports Complex: 3300 Sparks Blvd, Sparks
- Truckee Meadows Fire Station 46 – Spanish Springs: 500 Rockwell Blvd
- Truckee Meadows Fire Station 440 – Lemmon Valley: 130 Nectar Street
- Truckee Meadows Fire Station 32 – Washoe Valley: 1240 East Lake Blvd
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.