fbpx
Home > Featured > Governor Sisolak is a dirty rotten low-down sidewinding nogoodnik (opinion)

Governor Sisolak is a dirty rotten low-down sidewinding nogoodnik (opinion)

By ThisIsReno
A county worker counts ballots in the June 2020 primary election. Image: Trevor Bexon

Submitted by Norm Robins

“They make a desert and call it peace”
Tacitus in The Agricola, 98 C.E.

Vladimir Putin has his Wagner Group.  They have 1,200 “mercenaries” fighting in Libya.  They have conquered parts of Ukraine, fought Turkey in Syria, and, along with Cuba, are propping up the illegal government in Venezuela.  They have tanks and artillery pieces.  Does that sound like a regular army?  It is.  It is a branch of the Kremlin.  They fight its dirty wars for them but with plausible deniability.

Similarly, we have the CIA fighting our dirty wars with plausible deniability for us.

This dirty war business has a long pedigree. In 1932 Adolph Hitler was elected Chancellor of Germany. The next month their capitol in Berlin was set on fire.  It looked like the work of Hitler’s private army of thugs, the Brownshirts aka the Storm Troopers.  For cover he used his secret police and Gestapo in the Night of the Long Knives to kill the Brownshirts, bring down the Weimar Republic, establish the Third Reich, and take credit for restoring order.

And these examples just scratch the surface of the dirty-war-with-plausible-deniability business.

Now comes that dirty rotten low-down sidewinding nogoodnik Governor Sisolak with identical albeit more peaceful, bloodless tactics.

My son, who is a Canadian citizen and not an American, at the beginning of August got an unsolicited Voter Registration Application in the mail with a postage paid return envelope addressed to Washoe County.  The return address on the postage-paid envelope was precisely his.  He doesn’t even have to pay 50 cents for a stamp to return a filled-out application, and that is one of the many problems.

If the envelope is postage paid the Post Office does not stamp it with a date and a place of mailing.  The County elections office has no idea when it was sent or from where.  My son threw away the ballot, but he need not have done that.  He could have filled it out and lied.  He could have given it to a political operative to use as he wished.  And just as sure as God made little green apples, this is going to happen.

The application calls for the applicant to identify whether he is an American citizen.  He could lie and say he is.  The application can even be filled out by an assistant with no signature who merely gives his name and address.  There is no place for the assistant’s signature.

I didn’t get one of these unsolicited Voter Registration Applications because I’m already on the list of registered voters.

The little box at the bottom of the Application says it came from the Center For Voter Information (CVI) with an address, phone number, and a statement that it is not affiliated with any government agency or state/local election office. Their flyer and their return envelope have union “bugs” on them, a sure sign they came from a Democrat affiliated organization or a union.

The “bug” is the tiny indicia identifying which union printed it and thus that it was indeed printed in a union shop.  The union cited in their bug is the Graphics Communication Conference/International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 41N.  I searched online and this union’s website, and I could find a lot of local unions, but not this one.  Does Local 41N really exist? I could find no evidence of it.

CVI says they are a 501(c)(4) organization.  I’m not a CPA so my knowledge is general, not specific.  According to the IRS there are two types of 501(c)(4) organizations, one that is not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare and the other a local association of employees of a designated person(s) in a particular municipality where the net earnings are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational or recreational purposes.

Their Application says their address is in Carson City.  Their Web page says they are headquartered in Washington, DC.

It had to be the IRS who approved their non-profit 501(c)(4) status.  Can anyone doubt this, given the IRS’s manifest left-wing bias and given the CVI clearly does not fit the profile published by the IRS?

How did CVI know I’m a registered voter but my son is not?  Did they get that from the registrar of voters?  How did they know my son’s address?

So here we have Governor Sisolak exposed.  The Democrats have made no secret that they want the U.S. flooded with ineligible voters and unaccounted for ballots.  But Sisolak couldn’t pull this off by himself.  He wouldn’t dare.  He couldn’t take the glare of the spotlight or the heat of public debate if he did, so like all Democrats he used his own private army, the unions, to do that for him.

He and his union buddies have joined the ranks of the Brownshirts, the Wagner Group, and the CIA in their dirty skullduggery with plausible deniability for the mastermind.  They are all brothers under the skin.

Norm Robins is a retired entrepreneur and ex-engineer whose first love is economics and who has lived and worked all over the world.  He has a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and an MBA in International Business from the University of California, Berkeley.  He and his wife and one of his three children live in Reno, Nevada.

Submitted opinions do not represent the views of This Is Reno. Have something to say? Submit an opinion article here.

Related

12 comments

Norm Robins September 4, 2020 - 8:27 am

Here’s a fact for Ken Kay who purports to like facts: My name is spelled Robins. Robbins is the guy who writes the trashy novels. Hmmmmmmm.

Ken Kay September 2, 2020 - 5:40 pm

Let’s get this straight – This guy is upset about a weird piece of mail, yet isn’t upset about the president’s refusal to condemn Russia’s election meddling, nor make substantial attempts to stop it again in 2020. You know, the meddling that was confirmed by our intelligence agencies (i.e., not the most liberal group in America). This whole piece is weird, and there are no actual facts or connections to anything real. In fact, the only mention of Sisolak is in the 2nd to last paragraph. And, that paragraph is just name calling. I bet this guy also complains about fake news.

What can be asserted without evidence can also be denied without evidence…So, I think Norm Robbins mailed himself a letter so he can complain about “democrats” on the internet. Then he commented on his own article with more nonsense. Then he commented even more under other aliases (except for Allison Clift-Jennings who has actual facts). Does this sound crazy? I put exactly as much fact into my assertion as he did. If you step outside the democrat vs. republican nonsense and scrutinize content, you see that this is just more hate veiled as patriotism.

Geoffrey Brooks September 1, 2020 - 9:06 am

Me Robbins

We live in the 21st century / conspiracy theories are irrelevant (especially about Chicago!)

I trust you looked at the link from Allison – which indicates to me that things will go smoothly in NV
Facebook claims that voter fraud does not exist / NV’s system of voting with the checks and balances makes it impossible

Also as a good American you should get your son to become a citizen and exercise his right to vote

Norm Robins August 31, 2020 - 4:38 pm

Just for fun, here is the Registrar of Voters prayer as told to me by a Registrar of Voters: “Dear God, I don’t care who wins this election. Just don’t let it be close.” I thought our commenters would enjoy this story. Norm Robins

Norm Robins August 31, 2020 - 4:30 pm

The problem is that ballots and applications will be “out there”. When I get an absentee ballot it is because I asked for one. I was born and raised in Chicago. That should say enough, but please let me explain. Give a filled in ballot to a bum (That’s what they were called in those days.) He took it into the polling station and submitted it. He brought out his blank ballot and was given a pint of Thunderbird. Then the scammer filled in the blank ballot and gave it to another bum. Same story. This was one trick. In New Jersey scammers go into homeless shelters with blank ballots, fill them out for residents, and give them a small sum for the vote. It was common knowledge that the Mafia delivered enough Illinois votes to give JFK the presidency. They were told how many ballots were needed, and they delivered. Then JFK sicced his brother Attorney General Bob Kennedy on the Mafia. They thought they had bought JFK fair and square. This was a stab in the back to the Mafia. Then we know what happened to JFK. Unrequested ballots out there unattached to any particular voter are a recipe for fraud. It’s been proven. Norm Robins

Anne Wlliamson August 31, 2020 - 1:29 pm

I think too many conspiracy theories. I want to see proof. Pictures of said ballot received? I don’t see any! So I do not believe the writers words.

Paul Clayton August 31, 2020 - 12:07 pm

I agree with the writer that mail in ballots are fodder for voter fraud. And I want to state loudly that there is no need for massive mail-in ballots. If we can line up to get in to Wallmart, or anywhere, we can line up, as we always do, at the polls. So many people just take on face value what the ‘government’ tells them. Secret sessions of the State Legislature, determining how we will vote. It’s disgusting.

Geoffrey Brooks August 31, 2020 - 9:17 am

I am a naturalized American Citizen resident in NV. Whilst a resident here (12 years) many folks have tried to make sure I am a registered voter (on the street, by mail, on the phone). I am; courtesy of the DMV when I first acquired a NV driver license. I was told at the time that my citizenship would be checked, via my SSN, by the Washoe County Registrar.

My belief that if your son had tried to register, his lack of citizenship would have been discovered and he would have been ineligible. I do not believe that the voter rolls are “flooded” with ineligible voters. Propaganda?

I actually feel “bad’ for your son. He is a resident of NV with a “Green Card” and he has to pay US taxes, yet does not have the right to vote. An example of taxation without representation! I believe that July 4th has some significance here! I felt that way when I was a “Green Card” holder living in NJ. There is a 5 year qualification period, assuming your son has been here 5 years, he should apply for US citizenship and register to vote. I must tell you that I could not wait to become a citizen and have the right to vote. Every American citizen should their civic duty and exercise that right.

Allison Clift-Jennings August 31, 2020 - 9:02 am

While I believe the author of this piece meant well, there are some material misunderstandings on how mail-in ballots work in Nevada, with a major one being the assumption that pre-paid postage doesn’t include a postmarked date.

For accuracy on how Nevada handles voting, I suggest he review the Nevada Secretary of State’s general election fact sheet here: https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/home/showdocument?id=8842

Bob Conrad
Bob Conrad August 31, 2020 - 1:18 pm

This is great, Allison. We’ll run a story on this. Thank you.

Gary Smith August 31, 2020 - 6:56 am

Citizens do need to be vigilant. The media tries to downplay the hazards of mail in ballots (as opposed to absentee ballots, there is a difference) by adding the phrase “unsubstantiated claim” or similar to any report of President Trump claiming mail in ballots are frought with vailidation problems. Meanwhile, back in reality, there is good evidence from New Jersey and other states showing missing ballots, ballots sent to the wrong registrar, and Democrat operatives manipulating ballots. In Nevada voters may well be able to take their mail ballot to the polls and cast it there, but that fact hasn’t been publisized much by the Governor. Hopefully the Secretary of State can educate people to the options (speaking of which , she was left out of the rushed efforts to change Nevada voting law). Thanks for the great article, truth rises to the surface!

Amy Willoughby August 29, 2020 - 5:53 pm

Your son should go and remove himself from the mailing list, so he no longer receives such unsolicited mail. All it does is bog down the registrar of Voters in Washoe County if a non-eligible resident is trying to register to vote, so it is good that he threw it away, but these types of mailings are wasteful.

Comments are closed.