The Wilbur D. May Museum is proud to present the next big exhibition it is bringing to Reno.The Animation Academy: From Pencils to Pixelsexhibition explores the colorful world of animation, from traditional hand-drawn celsto exciting breakthroughs in stop-motion and CGI. Visitors will enjoy a historical look at the origins of American animation and beloved cartoons and characters. See real drawings, sketches, animation cels, and more.This fun and interactive exhibit features something for all ages:
- Explore animation technology and create your own animated short.
- Learn about the art of storyboarding and go behind-the-scenes with artists and animators.
- Be captivated by America’s largest 3D zoetrope – an animation device that produces the illusion of motion.
- Hear Gumby explain the process of creating puppets and shooting stop-motion animation.
- Learn to draw at digital tracing stations.
- Snap a photo in the Mystery Machine fromScooby Dooor in the iconic living room from The Simpsons.
- And much more!
What: The Animation Academy: From Pencils to Pixels
When: February 15 – May 10, 2020
Where: Wilbur D. May Museum, Rancho San Rafael Regional Park, 1595 N. Sierra Street, Reno
Cost: Adults – $10.00, Children – $9.00, Seniors – $9.00
Contact: (775) 785-5961 or www.maycenter.com
Located within Rancho San Rafael Regional Park, the Wilbur D. May Centeris managed by the Washoe County Community Services Department and continues to receive generous support from the Wilbur May Foundation.
This post is paid content and does not represent the views of ThisisReno. Want to promote your business, event, or issue? Consider a sponsored post.