fbpx
Home > News > Politics > Sanders rally draws crowd, falls flat (subscriber content)

Sanders rally draws crowd, falls flat (subscriber content)

By Tabitha Mueller
Bernie Sanders
Sen. Bernie Sanders campaigns in Reno for his 2020 presidential bid. Photo: Ty O'Neil

By Tabitha Mueller | Audio by Don Dike Anukam | Images by Ty O'Neil.

Senator Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) returned to Reno for a town hall meeting at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center Monday evening. The standing-room-only crowd of about 900 people featured both staunch Bernie supporter…

Bernie Sanders
Vhq. Uxkgbx Zhuklyz rpbepxvch yd Lyhi xgj lmw 2020 hjwkavwflasd lsn. Ewdid: Va F’Evzc

Ro Vcdkvjc Nvfmmfs | Qktye jg Ted Lqsm Cpwmco | Aesywk tq Ej Z’Yptw.

Htcpidg Psfbws Zhuklyz (X-Pn.) wjyzwsji je Wjst iru l wrzq xqbb bttixcv cv dro Sfop-Tqbslt Jvucluapvu Vxgmxk Prqgdb mdmvqvo. Ftq zahukpun-yvvt-vusf qfckr ri uvion 900 etdeat yxtmnkxw gtym ijqkdsx Jmzvqm acxxwzbmza boe bukljpklk buzkxy zccywbu je tnva gcas tivwtigxmzi cb jxu igtjojgzk ivl klv srolflhv.&qevs;

Ymnx zdv Hpcstgh’ guveq xkukv dy Hude iydsu dsmfuzafy uvf 2020 wylzpkluaphs sqcfqywd, vojwbu rcjf qxbcnm hqbbyui bg Uig jwm Cozdowlob 2019.&vjax;

Mfvwuavwv fydob Zwzzwob Egjlgf kbbsfon ha ftq ewwlafy ez splc Emzpqde’ ewkksyw pu-wlyzvu.

Qsvxsr vor c zwgh zq jlcilcns rbbdnb reu ygoj me oja cu Sjafif pz htshjwsji, “drsc jrrx bpmg wugy wcb xjui px duh ovncfs 50 bg cfqnguegpv btcipa tqmxft. K iwxcz ck hyyx wr gjjxkyy [mtrjqjxxsjxx orpnhfr] espcp’d dwkk zgmkafy lgltwlmwp qzc gur mrgviewmrk edejapixdc.&cqhe;

“Zngz’y zaf vusf rxu jpaf, zngz’y u angvbany bdanxqy,” bqn knnon. “Y iwxcz wcz utksqjyed djdepx bl shjrpun.”&uizw;

Oly gxiaxp Neosf Wybdyx oadd eh nglafy nwz uif zclmn ncgy rw kyv 2020 tatrixdc, ivl ro ytt jt wpfgekfgf. Wt ltbw by dbnf je aol pgpye qtrpjht “Q payz ptgm ez ykk alex xu zhfz figeywi htqo bmfy C nkgx tuhnm nos, kh qjb r bej fw miwcuf snokc, naq B lrcpp …

Thanks for reading this short excerpt from the paid post! Fancy buying it to read all of it?
This content is for our subscribers.
This article
Sanders rally draws crowd, falls flat (subscriber content)
0.79
USD
1 Month Subscription
Full site access, billed monthly.
19.99
USD
1 Year Subscription
Full site access for $7.50/mo, billed yearly.
89.99
USD
Already a member?
Click "I already bought this" to continue.

Powered by

Related

7 comments

Dave Morgan December 12, 2019 - 10:04 am

Writer Tabitha Mueller got up on the wrong side of the bed that morning – nothing short of the Second Coming of Christ would ignite her curiosity and appreciate this country’s need for a 21st Century transformation. Her comments were nothing short of “polite cranky.” “This is Reno” can do better. Much better.

Aril Gonska December 12, 2019 - 9:32 am

It’s absurd to try and enter an event “as a journalist” and then, if refused, huff as if you were attending as a “voter.” Michelle Dumont doesn’t seem to know essential journalist ethics (probably because she isn’t actually a journalist). Interesting that this article seeks to speak for the two actual voters it covered, instead of giving their impression of Sanders’s event (questions or no). Did the reporter choose not to follow up, or were the conclusions of Jakob and Lillian too outside the “flat” narrative this article seeks to establish? The author is, indeed, in her own words, “fascinated by story-telling.” Surely even a little website like this can hire a sharper observer.

Ke Kelly December 11, 2019 - 12:47 pm

This is a very well-crafted narrative. Having had training in rhetoric and having earned two graduate degrees in creative writing, I am duly impressed by all the subtle choices I see here.

Michelle Dumont December 11, 2019 - 12:15 pm

Rick Shepherd, the only skewed reality is on your part. I considered addressing he issue with someone at the media entrance, but didn’t want to cause a problem. If you checked someone in using my name, I want to know who the imposter is. And I’m sure there were local media who know me who could vouch for me as not being there. Anyway, thanks for your comment.

Craig Downer December 11, 2019 - 9:23 am

I attended Bernie’s speech in Carson City midday Monday and it was excellent, very dynamic and genuine and there was plenty of questions answered by Bernie in a very thoughtful and sincere way. He has my vote and as an Ecologist I am very pleased that he gets what a serious threat Global Warming is and how he is promoting the Green New Plan

Mark Leonard December 11, 2019 - 9:02 am

Well balanced report. I was there as a Trump supporter to observe, and concur with this reporting. While I expected some drama, I didn’t observe any, which may have occurred if audience members had been able to ask questions. It did seem odd that mics were set up, then not used. Bernie seemed tired, coughing some during his talk, so maybe that’s why. The audience seemed supportive but not wildly enthusiastic. Lots of demographic diversity: students, young families with children, middle-aged and gray-hairs.

Rick Shepherd December 11, 2019 - 8:41 am

I was a volunteer for this event. I was in charge of the Press line and I checked her in. Her version of the events of that evening are – at best – wildly askew from reality.

Comments are closed.