The Reno Phil Youth Orchestra’s Annual Concerto Competition took place this past Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019 at Steinway Piano Gallery. The competition featured solo performances from 24 of the most talented young musicians in the area.
The winners were announced as follows:
Grand Prize Winners: Sofia Llacer Chamberlain, Violin & Claire Lin, Piano
Alternate: Audrey Lim, Viola
- 1st Place Division Winner: Sofia Llacer Chamberlain, Violin
- 2nd Place Winner: Audrey Lim, Viola
- Honorable Mention: Benjamin Vandevert, Violin
- 1st Place Division Winner: Felicity Phan, Violin
- 2nd Place Winner: Adele Balcarek, Violin
- Honorable Mention: Evan Lim, Viola
1st Place Division Winner: Derek Chien
1st Place Division Winner: Claire Lin
- 1st Place Division Winner: Dylan Cody, Horn
- 2nd Place Winner: Nathan Jones, Horn
- Honorable Mention: Wendy Thompson, Clarinet
The winners of each division received a cash prize of $250. The grand prizewinners will perform with the Reno Phil Youth Orchestra at the Spring Showcase, May 6-8. Ticket information at renophil.com.
About the Reno Phil
The Reno Phil is northern Nevada’s largest performing arts organization. Celebrating its 51st year, the orchestra, led by Music Director Laura Jackson, is composed of more than 80 professional musicians who perform more than 30 concerts annually throughout the Reno-Tahoe region. Musicians of the professional orchestra, youth orchestras, various ensembles and education programs offer more than 60 performances each year, playing to more than 50,000 people. To learn more about the Reno Phil and its events, and to discover all that the Reno Phil offers, visit RenoPhil.com.
This post is paid content and does not represent the views of This Is Reno. Looking to promote your event or news? Consider a sponsored post.