In an effort to protect the health of Washoe County citizens, the Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA) is offering free flu shots for homebound individuals.
Community members that meet the following criteria are encouraged to contact REMSA to make an appointment to receive a free flu shot which will be administered at the place of residence, by REMSA’s Registered Nurses. Flu vaccines help prevent the spread of illnesses, including for those most at risk for contracting the flu virus.
If you qualify or know someone who is homebound and would benefit from a flu shot, contact REMSA 775-353-0807 to make an appointment.
● Resides within REMSA’s main service area of Reno-Sparks-Washoe County
● Is an adult (18 years or older)
● Has not already received a 2019/2020 flu season vaccine
● Does not have suspected interaction or contraindication with the standard injectable flu vaccine
● Is homebound (having an illness or injury that restricts the ability to leave the place of residence)
This post is paid content and does not represent the views of This Is Reno. Looking to promote your event or news? Consider a sponsored post.
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.