Reno’s creative arts generate millions of dollars in the local economy each year. That includes personal income, expenditures, government revenues, and total jobs supported by the arts.
Our new podcast series takes a dive into the realities of being an artist and musician in the Biggest Little City. The series of four episodes is reported by University of Nevada student Carly Sauvageau and edited by Holly Hutchings.
We are publishing one episode each week for the next four weeks in our regular news feed, but subscribers can listen to all episodes now, here.
KWNK Community Radio is also partnering with us to play each episode. Listen in at 6 pm each Monday in August.
Episode 2: Promoting the Arts in Reno
“We’re very lucky to have this business here that is showcasing and promoting the arts in Reno.”
In episode 2, Carly speaks with:
- Marketer Jacqueline Lampson
- Geralda Miller & Eric Brooks of Art Spot Reno
- Maria Patridge, ARTECH
- Lauren Hufft of Reno Art Works
- BreeAnn St. Onge, Sierra Arts Foundation
- Amanda Horn, Nevada Museum of Art
- Scott “Plasma,” artist at The Generator
- Jerry Snyder, Board President, The Generator
Never Miss a Story
Get award-winning, homegrown Reno news in your inbox.