fbpx
Home > News > Politics > Koble Announces Another Run at Amodei

Koble Announces Another Run at Amodei

By Don Dike Anukam

By Don Dike Anukam

On Thursday, Congressional Candidate, democrat Clint Koble of Reno, announced he is running again for the United States House of Representatives representing Nevada Congressional District 2, the district is represented by Republican Mark Amodei (R-Carson City).

Amodei has represented the district since 2011.

Koble made his announcement speech to supporters and local activists at Cathexes LLC in downtown Reno.

He was introduced by media personality Dave Mulligan (disclosure: Mulligan works with ThisisReno on ad sales). 

“One of us has the gumption and the commitment to do something about it, and he’s got a good crew,” Mulligan said. “Last time he ran at 42%. Now we’re at 42%, and we’re going after Mark Amodei.”

In his announcement speech, Koble made it official.

“Okay I guess it’s time to say it, I’m Clint Koble, and I’m running for congressional district number two,” he said. “And I will be the guy that will replace Mark Amodei in Congress next year.”

Koble made statements about his positions from healthcare, women’s reproductive rights, equalitys, climate change, public lands policy, and minimum wage issues.

In an interview, Koble had an open request to rural Nevada: “Invite me to your communities. I want to come to your communities. I want to hear your kitchen table issues, challenges, and problems.”

Koble lost to Amodei in the same district race last year.


A version of this story first appeared in The Fallon Post: https://www.thefallonpost.org/elections/clint-koble-announces-for-congress/

Related

Share via
Send this to a friend