UPDATE June 11 from RTC:
The California Ave./Keystone Ave. Intersection Enhancement project has a revised traffic plan to ease the impact of construction on the community. Please see the attached, revised detour map.
- Starting Wednesday, June 12, 2019, at 6 a.m. through mid-July 2019, California Ave. will reopen to traffic in both directions in the construction zone.
- Booth Street will be closed in both directions from California Ave. to Foster Dr. during this same time period.
- Keystone Ave. will also remain closed to northbound traffic from Booth St. to Riverside Dr.
- Keystone Ave. will not be accessible from California Ave.
Detours will be in place during construction. For safety reasons, there is no pedestrian access through California Ave. from Newlands Circle to Booth St. during construction.
In mid-July, the California Ave./Keystone Ave. intersection will return to a full closure so crews can finish construction before Reno High School is back in session.
The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) and
The intersection will be closed to traffic, bicyclists, and pedestrians starting Monday through mid-August.
The project will improve safety and access for drivers, bicyclists,
Traffic will be detoured during the closure.
- Traffic heading eastbound on California Avenue will be detoured at Booth Street to Riverside Drive or 1st Street.
- Through traffic heading westbound on California Avenue will be detoured at Arlington Avenue to Riverside Drive or 1st Street. California Avenue west of Arlington Avenue will be open to residential traffic only to Newlands Park.
- Keystone Avenue will be open to southbound traffic only between Booth Street and Riverside Drive.
The work is taking place during Reno High School’s summer break to ease impacts on commuters.
Never Miss a Story
Get award-winning, homegrown Reno news in your inbox.