The 15th annual outdoor Summer Music Series at Lazy 5 Regional Park gets underway next week and continues through mid August.
Various local bands are scheduled to perform from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays from June 12 through Aug. 14 at the park, 7100 Pyramid Way in Spanish Springs. Admission is free.
The scheduled lineup is as follows:
- June 12 – 80s family dance party with New Wave Crave
- June 19 – Classic and modern pop rum with Decoy
- June 26 – Folk and lyrical rock with The Novelists
- July 3 – Big band swing and jazz with The Let’s Dance Band
- July 10 – Rockabilly and country with Dusty Miles & the Cryin’ Shame
- July 17 – Britpop and Beatles-
esquemusic with Nick Eng
- July 24 – Blues rock with The VooDooDogz
- July 31 – Americana and acoustic blues with Jeff Jones Trio
- Aug. 7 – New country rock with Spur Crazy
- Aug. 14 – Old school and R&B with Escalade
Those attending are asked to bring blankets, towels, or low-back chairs. A playground for children is on site.
A food truck and mobile pub will be on hand weekly. Outside food and drinks are permitted, but glass containers are not.
Pets are prohibited, per Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space rules. Smoking is also prohibited.
For more information, call 775-424-1866 or visit https://www.washoecounty.us/parks/parks_and_trails/calendar.php.
Carla has an undergraduate degree in journalism and more than 10 years experience as a daily newspaper reporter. She grew up in Jacksonville, Fla., moved to the Reno area in 2002 and wrote for the Reno Gazette-Journal for 8 years, covering a variety of topics. Prior to that, she covered local government in Fort Pierce, Fla.