The Community Health Alliance announced this week its annual, month-long sock drive for their patients at the Record Street Health Center for the homeless.
The sock drive is called Socktober. The goal is to collect 1,500 pairs of new adult sized socks for patients of homeless status by the end of the month.
WHEN: The Entire Month of October, 2018
WHERE: Drop Off Locations for Sock Donations:
- Dr. Knedgen’s Medical Office, 6580 S McCarran Blvd, Reno NV 89509
- Famous Footwear, Reno: 66865 Sierra Center Pkwy, Reno NV 89511, Sparks: 1310 Scheels Dr, Sparks NV 89434
- The Roost Coffee, 651 Booth St, Reno NV 89509
- Sola Salon Suites, 4675 Kietzke Ln, Reno NV 89509
- SportsClips at Outlets Legends, 1565 E Lincoln Wy Ste #R-105, Sparks NV 89434
- Construction Materials Engineers, Inc., 300 Sierra Manor Dr Ste 1, Reno NV 89511
- Carson Tahoe Center for Wound Healing, Reno : 6630 S McCarran Blvd Bldg C Ste 202, Reno NV 89509, Carson: 775 Fleishmann Wy, Carson City NV 89703
WHY: Socks are important to help keep feet warm but are also crucial for our Homeless patients struggling with foot wounds and diabetes. Warm feet help those with diabetes monitor loss of sensation in the toes, which is one of the first indicators that one’s diabetes is not sustained. They are also the most requested item by our patients during colder months.
Famous Footwear has also launched a sock sale of buy-one get-one 50% off for the month of October, and highly encourage customers to consider donating the second pair.
CONTACT: Afton Neufeld at [email protected] or call 530.559.1929.
Never Miss a Story
Get award-winning, homegrown Reno news in your inbox.