The Nevada Department of Public Safety (DPS) is holding a hiring event in Reno for candidates seeking a career in law enforcement and public safety.
About 80 positions are open statewide within the Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP), Parole and Probation Division, and Capitol Police.
The first 30 candidates who reserve a spot and pass the physical fitness test will be interviewed at the hiring event. All other candidates will be able to schedule an interview date.
Qualification criteria http://dps.nv.gov/hr/All/employment/Criteria/
To reserve a spot:
- Contact Kara Carmonne 775-684-4475 [email protected]
- Complete a State Online job application for DPS Officer I or II prior to the event. dps.nv.gov/jobs/
Hiring Event Details:
- Date: September 22, 2018, Saturday
- Time: 7:30 a.m.
- Location: Regional Public Safety Training Center, 5190 Spectrum Blvd. Reno, Nevada 89512
- Arrive in workout attire
- Be prepared for the Physical Fitness Test dps.nv.gov/jobs
- Bring: A Government issued photo I.D.
- Birth certificate – original or certified copy and a photo copy
- DD214 for candidates who have military experience
Physical Testing Requirements
- 11.5″ vertical jump
- 24 sit-ups in 1 minute or less
- 18 push-ups, no time limit
- 300 meter run in 82 seconds or less
- 1.5 Mile run in 20:20 or less
- Agility run in 23.4 seconds