An incident Monday at a McDonalds in Sparks forced its temporary closure, but the restaurant re-opened Tuesday afternoon.
The ansul fire suppression system went off at 1:55 p.m. at the McDonalds inside Walmart Supercenter, 5065 Pyramid Way.
“The ansul system above the fryers dispersed flame retardant, but there were no flames,” McDonalds spokesman Nate Haderline said in an e-mail. “Anytime the ansul system goes off, the health department is alerted. After closing the restaurant as a precaution yesterday, the health department and fire inspector came out and cleared the restaurant to reopen today.”
Haderline said there were no injuries from the incident. The owner-operator of the restaurant is working to figure out why the system was set off, he said.