The annual outdoor Summer Music Series at Lazy 5 Regional Park gets underway this week and continues for 10 weeks.
A different local band performs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. each Wednesday, starting June 7 with Gruve Nation playing Motown and rhythm and blues music. Admission is free.
Other concerts are as follows:
- June 14: Americana with a Hint of Country by Apothic
- June 21: Bluegrass & Classic Country with Sierra Sweethearts
- June 28: Classic Rock & Country by Runnin’ 4 Cover
- July 5: An Evening of American Songbook by Colin Ross
- July 12: A Tribute to One Hit Wonders with Wunderlust
- July 19: Top 40 Hits of the 60’s—Today by The Heidi Incident
- July 26: Americana & Bluegrass with Unionville
- Aug 2: Jazz with the Jazzettes Featuring Cami Thompson
- Aug 9: A Musical Variety performed by Escalade
Those attending are asked to bring blankets, towels, or low-back chairs. Outside food and drinks are permitted, but glass containers and pets aren’t allowed.
Additionally, a playground for children is on-site.
The park is located at 7100 Pyramid Way in Spanish Springs.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Free Weekly Concerts Start Wednesday At Lazy 5 Regional Park” quote=”Free Weekly Concerts Start Wednesday At Lazy 5 Regional Park”]
Carla has an undergraduate degree in journalism and more than 10 years experience as a daily newspaper reporter. She grew up in Jacksonville, Fla., moved to the Reno area in 2002 and wrote for the Reno Gazette-Journal for 8 years, covering a variety of topics. Prior to that, she covered local government in Fort Pierce, Fla.