Catholic Charities and the St. Vincent’s Programs are asking community members for donations of pre-filled Easter baskets for children who are served by poverty assistance programs.
They are looking for 600 baskets before distributing them on April 9.
What they need:
- Pre-filled Easter baskets of a $20 maximum value for boys and girls, ages 1-12 (candy, toys, toiletries, games, etc.)
- Empty Easter baskets/buckets, toys, treats, cellophane, etc.
- Cash donations to purchase and fill additional baskets
Baskets can be dropped off at these locations:
- St. Vincent’s Thrift Shop at 500 E. Fourth Street, Reno
- St. Vincent’s Super Thrift Store at 190 E. Glendale Avenue, Sparks
Monetary donations may be sent to: P.O. Box 5099 Reno, NV 89513.
Catholic Charities will distribute the baskets at the “Operation Easter Basket” pancake breakfast and party in the St. Vincent’s Dining Room on Sunday, April 9 from 12-3 p.m. Donations are being accepted until Friday, April 7. The event is free for qualified needy families that pre-register. Space limited to the first 600 children signed up. In order to reserve a spot, please visit the Operation Easter Basket page at ccsnn.org.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Catholic Charities in Need of Easter Baskets” quote=”Catholic Charities in Need of Easter Baskets”]
This Is Reno is your source for award-winning independent, online Reno news and events since 2009. We are locally owned and operated.