This weekend, countless regional activities to honor Halloween and Nevada Day will draw people to celebrate. To help with safety, Reno Police is Joining Forces with other law enforcement agencies to crack down on impaired driving. Reno residents will see double the normal law enforcement out and about.
The message? If you’ll be drinking, designate a sober driver, and if you drive impaired, you will be arrested.
To support safe driving and help the overall state goal of reaching Zero Fatalities, Reno residents can follow these safety guidelines:
- designate a sober driver before drinking;
- use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation if impaired;
- take advantage of local sober ride programs;
- call 911 if a drunk driver is spotted on the road;
- take the keys or assist in making other arrangements for someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired
Erin Meyering is the Communications Specialist at Carson Tahoe Health. She previously worked as the Associate Editor of edible Reno-Tahoe magazine. After graduating from the Reynolds School of Journalism in 2014, she avidly pursued making writing and designing her career. On top area freelancing, she enjoys spending time doing yoga and hiking with her 75-lb lab/boxer mix, Biscotti.